- I write a short piece of music, 140 beats or less (more on that later).
- The parts (and click track) are sent to the various musicians around the world who…
- record their parts in remote sessions (using what equipment they have available).
- When they’re done recording, they get the recordings back to me via DropBox.
(if you don’t have DropBox installed, click here http://db.tt/blPSL7rX)
- I mix all the parts together to create a virtual orchestra.
My music tends to be highly rhythmical and uses odd meters (11/8, 13/8) to create a feeling of two and three beat measures. This way, we actually have a lot more than 140 sub-beats in the music, but the over all feeling is still less than the 140 limit.
You can hear an example here: Flown the Coop